Function：Nourishing liver, lung and kidney, antiasthmatic. Suitable for people with tinnitus, soreness and weakness of waist and knees, Cough and asthma.
- Soak the fish maws in water with 8 hours approximately until softened (the soaking time is depends on the size of fish maw), water should be changed for 2-3 times during soaking; Blanch the fish maws with ginger and scallion for 5 minutes;
- Drain the fish maws, and then soak it in cold water and keep it in 0-8 Degree Celsius for 8 hours. Cut the fish maws into pieces, set aside;
- Rinse cultivated cordyceps and sliced natural yam, soak for 30 minutes, set aside;
- Remove the kernel of red dates; Rinse red date, wolfberries and dried longan, set aside;
- Remove the nails of chicken feet, cut the pork shanks into pieces, blanch them for 5 minutes, set aside;
- Put all ingredients into boiling water(2,500 ml). Once it’s bubbling, reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 2.5 hours; Season with salt. Be ready to serve.
- Tips: Be careful that the utensils for soaking must be oil-free and do not add soda to the water, or else the fish maw will melt readily and its taste gets altered.
- It would be much easier to clean the fish maws and remove the fishy smell if cut its top part.
- If it is not serving instantly, it is better to seal properly and keep in 0-8˚C. It can be stored for 1 week.
Chicken Feet Soup with Fish Maw and Cultivated Cordyceps
- Author : HKJEBN
- (Serves 3-4)
- Fish maws 3 pieces
- Cultivated Cordyceps 40 g
- Sliced Natural Yam 4 pieces
- Red dates 3 pieces
- Ningxia Wolfberries 10 g
- Dried Longan 20 g
- Chicken Feet 10 pieces
- Pork shanks 500 g
- Ginger 2 slices
- Scallion 1 piece
- Salt Adequate amount