- Defrost and rinse the Thai Frozen Crocodile Palm. Add 5g of sliced ginger and an appropriate amount of Shaoxing wine into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Parboil the crocodile palm and set aside.
- Add an appropriate amount of oil and 60g of sugar in a small saucepan. Using medium heat, stir the mixture until it bubbles and begins to turn into caramel colour.
- Turn off the heat. Put the crocodile palm into the saucepan and evenly coat with the syrup. Set aside.
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C (approximately 3 minutes).
- Pour some oil into the baking tray, then add 30g of sliced ginger, dried facing bird eye chili, star anise, shallots, sectioned spring onions and sliced garlic. Sauté.
- Add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, chicken powder, rock sugar, water (or broth) and crocodile palm. Stir to mix well. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Cover the tray with foil and lower the temperature to 130°C. Bake for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Take out the crocodile palm and remove bones. Slice and dress with the sauce. Serve.
- *Adjust the baking time to achieve preferred tenderness.
Made in Air Fryer
Braised crocodile palm
- Author : HKJEBN
- Thai Frozen Crocodile Palm about 400g
- Sliced ginger 35g
- Dried Facing bird eye chili 2-3g
- Star anise 3g
- Shallots 30g
- Sectioned Spring onions 20g
- Sliced garlic appropriate amount
- Oyster sauce 20g
- Light soy sauce 10g
- Chicken powder appropriate amount
- Rock sugar 40g
- Water / broth 200ml
- Shaoxing wine appropriate amount
- Oil appropriate amount
- Sugar 60g