- Soak the dried sea cucumber skins overnight, boil for 20-30 minutes. Turn off the heat, keep the lid on until the water cools down.
- Drain and then put under running water for half an hour (if the sea cucumber skins are not soft enough, repeat the above steps). Cut into thick shreds. Set aside.
- Mix the seasoning (yellow Chinese wine, sesame oil, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, half portion of the chicken powder and sugar) with the water / broth well and bring to the boil.
- Turn off the heat, set aside to cool. Soak the sea cucumber skin in the sauce until it is well seasoned (about 2 hours), drain and set aside.
- Wash the mung bean sprouts. Cut the yellow chives, Chinese celery, red and yellow bell peppers into sections. Mince the garlic and ginger. Cut the shiitake mushrooms and carrots into strips, blanch them and set aside.
- Stir-fry the mung bean sprouts in a dry wok to remove the grassy taste. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok. Stir-fry the minced garlic and ginger. Add the yellow and red bell pepper strips, celery sections, shiitake mushroom strips, carrot strips, yellow chives sections and sea cucumber skin shreds.
- Add chicken powder, sugar and light soy sauce to taste. Finish by adding corn starch and water mixture and quickly stir-fry. Ready to serve.
Rainbow Stir-fry with Sea Cucumber Skins
- Author : HKJEBN
- (3-4 servings)
- Sea cucumber skins 6 pcs
- Mung bean sprouts 250g
- Yellow chives 100g
- Chinese celery 250g
- Red bell pepper 1/2
- Yellow bell pepper 1/2
- Garlic 40g
- Ginger 40g
- Shiitake mushrooms 100g
- Carrots 80g
- Yellow Chinese wine 1 teaspoon
- Sesame oil 1 teaspoon
- Oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
- Dark soy sauce 1/4 tablespoon
- Chicken powder 2 teaspoons
- Sugar 1.5 teaspoons
- Water / broth 500ml
- Light soy sauce Adequate amount
- Corn starch and water mixture Adequate amount